Thank you, parents, for helping to make our All Saints Day celebration such a great success. We had a terrific time.
Tonight’s homework is:
- Gr. 4/Gr. 5 Spelling pp. 54-56. We did these in class, but some students may need to finish a few items. We also have a Spelling test tomorrow. Please study Unit 7 words.
- Reading Gr. 4/Gr. 5: Do comprehension questions 8-10 on our book, In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson.
Don’t forget tomorrow is our All Saints Day celebration. The fun begins at 12:40. Children are invited to dress as their favorite saint. Hope to see you there.
Social Studies Test tomorrow for both Grade 4 and Grade 5.
Reading 4 and 5: Do comprehension questions up to #7. We did 1-5 last night.
Dear Students and Parents,
Don’t forget to send in your returnable bottles and cans or receipts for bottles and cans for our Baton Rouge Fundraiser.
Our all-school Mass is tomorrow.
Tonight’s homework is:
Gr. 4 and Gr. 5 Reading:
A. Copy the sentence that the 15 vocabulary words are in. Some sentences have more than 1 vocabulary word. We did the first 5 in class today.
B. Do the first 5 comprehension questions. We did the first 2 in class today.
Spelling Gr. 4 and Gr. 5:
A.Cut out the word sort cards for work tomorrow in class.
B. Write each word 3X that was incorrect on your pretest. This assignment will not be due until Thursday.
Math Gr. 4: Do worksheet on Adding/Subtracting with Money #21
Math Gr. 5 – Do worksheet on Double Digit Multiplication #20
Science Gr. 4 and Gr. 5 – Study for Science Quiz tomorrow. Use the Study Guide in your Interactive Notebook that we did in class today to help you.
A second copy of the conference note went home today with students that did not return a form by last Thursday. Kindly fill out the form and return it to school.
Here is today’s homework:
- Math 5:page 78 problems 6-20 on double digit multiplication
- Math 4: page 83 problems 1-16 on adding with money
- Social Studies 5: Chapter Review pp. 34-35 to be done on looseleaf
- Social Studies 4: Chapter Review page 34 to be done on looseleaf
Please send returnable bottles and cans to school for our Baton Rouge Children’s Fundraiser. Every little bit counts!
Please return conference notes so that conferences may be scheduled.
Today for homework:
- Grade 4/Grade 5 Reading: Complete vocabulary worksheet matching words with their definitions on one side of the paper and on the other side use the vocabulary words in sentences.
- Math Grade 4: Do page 79 problems 16-20 on looseleaf handed out in class. Also do worksheet #18.
- Math Grade 5: Do the math problems on page 77 numbers 1-20. We did the first 7 together. Just finish the rest.
- Language Arts: Paragraph on “The Perfect Sport for the U. S. is due tomorrow. Please see yesterday’s post for further details.
- Language Arts: If time allows (30 minute rule is tops) complete Language Arts worksheet #16/17.
Please read the letter sent home today regarding parent conferences. Conferences will be held next Wednesday and Thursday, October 26-27. Please send the paper back to school by this Thursday.
Our class has taken a leadership role in raising funds to support the children of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Through the rest of this week and all of next, we will be sponsoring a bottle and can drive as our final fundraiser. Please consider sending your bottles and cans to school or, if you prefer, send the grocery store receipt into school so that we can redeem it for cash for our drive. Please read the letter sent home today regarding this.
Tonight’s homework is:
- Grade 4 and Grade 5 Reading: Finish the comprehension questions from Chapter 6.
- Language Arts Grades 4 and 5: Write a paragraph entitled “The Perfect Sport for the U. S.” Think about how Mrs. Rappaport in the story talked with the children about why baseball is the perfect sport. Pick a sport that you think best shows what the United States is all about. Brainstorm how this sport is so perfectly suited to our national culture and history. Write 6 or more well written sentences that support the main idea that a particular sport is the best for the U. S. Consider including a sentence of two about a hero of that sport and how he/she helps to build up our national pride. Make sure to pay attention to margins, use capital letters at the beginning of sentences and for proper nouns, and use correct punctuation. This assignment is a first draft. It is due on Thursday.
- Social Studies Grade 4: Finish worksheet #11-12.
Many thanks to Ella’s mom for bringing in such a yummy treat for Ella’s birthday. We all enjoyed it.
Please remember to support the Bake Sale. All proceeds will be donated to the fund to support the homeless children of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Tonight’s homework is:
- Grade 4/Grade 5 Reading: Select any 5 vocabulary words from Chapter 5 of The Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson and use in original sentences that show the word’s meaning.
- Reading 4/5: Read Chapter 5 and write 8 sentences that show, in order, the plot sequence.
- Math Gr. 4: Complete worksheet #15 on addition strategies – doubling.
- Math Gr. 5: Complete worksheet #15 on multiplication properties.
- Science: Finalize lab report by coloring picture and filling in missing information.
- Social Studies Gr. 4: Complete fill in the blank worksheet on Regions using text pp. 11.
- Social Studies Gr. 5: Do map worksheet #6.
Thank you, parents, for sending the children to school with baked goods for our fundraiser for Baton Rouge. Could you please send more tomorrow as our Book Fair runs long tomorrow and could potentially offer us a great opportunity to boost our donation to the fund for the homeless children of Baton Rouge? Thank you in advance for your support.
- Gr. 4 and Gr. 5 Reading: Remember to finish the comprehension questions from Chapter 4. We checked this assignment today, but since many of you did not have this complete due to unclearness of what was due while I was out, you may finish this work without any grade penalty.
- Grade 4 and 5 Reading: On looseleaf write down the page number of the vocabulary words from Chapter 5. The words were: reverent, kow-tow, blushed, compliments, regale, formidable, intimidated, puny, tattle, stalking, devour, revenge, feeble, interrogate, and intact.
- Grade 5 Math – do worksheet on multiplication handed out in class (4 problems) then turn the paper on the back and do problems 1-8 from textbook page 66.
- Grade 4 Math – do worksheet on addition #14.
- Grade 4 and Grade 5 – Do Spelling workbook page 45. We did this in group work today, but make sure you have all the answers ready to check tomorrow.
- Language Arts Grades 4 and 5: Put the final touches on your paragraph on Dragonflies. We worked on this yesterday and today in class. Be prepared to read your paragraph out loud tomorrow in class.
Don’t forget to bring a bag lunch to school tomorrow. There will not be hot lunch served tomorrow. Thank you, Grade 4 and 5 parents, for generously donating baked goods for our fundraiser for the children of Baton Rouge. If you can, please donate more items for tomorrow – Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thank you for your support.
Here is tonight’s homework:
- Spelling page 44 for both Grade 4 and Grade 5
- Write incorrectly spelled words from today’s pretest three times correctly spelled. (Grades 4 and 5)
- Grade 5 Math do last 4 problems on worksheet #13 on word problems.
- Write a paragraph of 6 or more sentences on dragonflies. We brainstormed items today to include as well as read a fact sheet prepared by Mrs Hammang. The draft of the paragraph is due on Wednesday, October 12.
- Language Arts 4/5 : Finish finding the action verbs and labelling the sentence as Physical or Mental on the worksheet on verbs.